Wheat Breeding Assembly 2019 is Australia’s wheat breeding forum to showcase the science, practice and impact of variety development for Australia’s wheat industry.
Australia’s wheat industry (breeders, researchers, students, growers, agronomists, end users and policymakers) will come together on 20-22 August 2019 at Adelaide oval to discuss:
- Future wheat variety traits required to meet the challenges of future environments, cropping systems, markets and products
- Innovations in plant breeding practices accelerating genetic gain
- New science and technology to boost progress in wheat breeding
InterGrain will support a WA-based science student to attend the 2019 Wheat Breeding Assembly by providing $1500 for a successful applicant which can be used for airfares, accommodation and conference registration.
The Wheat Breeding Society encourages participation at #WBA2019 . The successful applicant will need to present an oral or poster presentation. Topics of potential interest include (but are not limited to):
- Data management/analysis
- Abiotic stress traits
- Biotic stress traits
- End use quality
- Technology for wheat breeding
- Capacity development for wheat breeding
- The business of wheat breeding
- Breeding wheat for future farming systems
- Breeding wheat for future markets
For suggested abstract themes and more information, click here.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants will need to provide a CV, cover letter and proposed abstract to InterGrain. Please send applications to email@example.com.
Applicants will also need to submit proposed abstracts on the Wheat Breeding Assembly website: http://wheatbreedingassembly.com.au/program/
Application deadline for both submissions: 20th May 2019
For more information please contact: Dr Dan Mullan (InterGrain Senior Wheat Breeder) on 0403 595 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org