We are searching for Field Technician to join our dynamic. The successful applicant will be proactive, innovative and excited about cereal breeding.
The Field Technician position assists the Field Operations Lead to perform all field related duties, including:
• Field selection and prep, including soil sampling
• Sowing operations
• Field and crop management, including pesticide application via chemical spraying
• Harvest operations
• Equipment maintenance
• Transport operations (of machinery, grain samples, fertiliser, chemicals etc)
• Water and irrigation management
• Data collection and management, including environmental, yield and GPS data.
• Use of GPS systems
In the performance of these duties, the field technician will be required to work extensively at the Wundowie farm, involving a fair amount of travel. They will also be required to operate agricultural machinery (tractors, spray rigs, harvesters, trucks), and will need to possess or obtain the relevant licenses for these activities on public roads (MR or higher).
Chemical application and handling will regularly be required, and all relevant training and qualifications should be obtained. A good understanding of agronomy and current farming practice is highly desirable and may need to be developed through independent study or courses.
For further information on the role see: Field Technician
If this sounds like you and you’d like to apply please contact Amanda Booth (HR Manager) for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org