InterGrain is a world class plant breeding company currently experiencing significant growth. Our mission is to deliver profitable wheat and barley varieties for Australian growers. The role of Cereal Chemist will be integral to the achievement of our ambitious plans. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced and innovative leader to apply their expertise to build and manage a modern laboratory within a collaborative and vibrant working environment.
Working closely with Executive Management and the Breeders, you will be responsible for managing wheat and barley quality assessment, driving innovation and process efficiency within our quality team.
About the role:
- Project planning and management of the major expansion of the company’s cereal chemistry
- Work with the Breeders to design best practice quality testing plan for the wheat and barley
- Overall management of the lab, including day to day hands-on involvement in testing material
and staff management
- Work with breeders to prepare wheat and barley classification/accreditation applications
- Preparation of quality reports to enable the breeders to make their selections
- Research and implementation of new methodologies and approaches in quality testing
- Provision of market intelligence about end-user needs in wheat and barley quality
- Regular engagement with domestic & international stakeholders International travel will be involved
For more information see: Cereal-Chemist-Position-Description