VALIANT CL PLUS – WA 2021 VERY EARLY SOWING TRIALS
Following the release of slow maturing Valiant CL Plus in 2021, we took the opportunity, with last season’s early break and following good summer rain, to test the variety in a very early sowing window.
The results generated are an excellent complement to NVT trial information and are worth a look with the season off to another early start in many areas. Valiant CL Plus may just have a fit in this season’s program!
- In 2021, three very early trials were sown and enabled InterGrain to further test Valiant CL Plus’ yield potential in a very early window due to opportunistic moisture conditions.
- Very early sowings saw Valiant CL Plus deliver its best performance and yield comparably to later maturing conventional varieties.
- Early sown NVT data (Approximate sowing window of the last week of April) also indicates similar yield performance relative to conventional varieties.
- Valiant CL Plus’ longer coleoptile was useful as slightly deeper sowing assisted plant establishment.
- Whilst very early sowing is highlighting where Valiant CL Plus’ best performance can be obtained its critical to consider frost risk windows compared to yield potential.
For more information about Valiant CL Plus contact InterGrain WA Territory Manager Georgia Trainor on 0439 093 166 or firstname.lastname@example.org