As one of the leaders in cereal breeding in Australia, InterGrain offers market leading wheat, barley and oat varieties for growers. Our highly successful wheat, barley and oat breeding programs are designed to target the major cereal growing regions of Australia. It is our vision is to support the competitive advantage and sustainability of the Australian agriculture sector. Our company values integrity, innovation and collaboration and looks for like-minded individuals to come and join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity for a self-driven and organised person to effectively manage and operate a laboratory roller mill to produce wheat flour. The position of the Wheat Flour Laboratory Miller is a hands-on role responsible for producing consistent quality flour, which is then tested and evaluated in our Quality Laboratory. This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, working within a grain quality laboratory environment at our Bibra Lake site in WA.
- Carry out physical grain quality inspection, cleaning, and testing
- Perform day to day sample milling operations: condition wheat samples, operate a laboratory roller mill, clean the mill consistently between milled samples, take flour samples, record and check test results
- Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory mill room
- Perform preventative maintenance on the mill
- Manage, organise and store wheat grain samples
- Communicate and work collaboratively as part of a Quality Laboratory team
- Responsible for meeting sample throughout targets and proficiency goals
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ideally, have experience in wheat flour milling
- Highly motivated and self-driven with outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Comfortable working in a controlled laboratory environment which requires PPE to be worn
- Are physically fit and able to perform manual handling tasks
- Good numeracy skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
THE FOLLOWING PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS LOOKED FOR:
- Wheat flour milling experience
- Grain quality knowledge and experiences
- Ability to operate and maintain machinery and/or laboratory equipment
- Experience working in a food processing quality control laboratory environment
- If you have experience in the grains, food or feed industries and are interested in working in a grain quality laboratory, please apply as training will be provided for the right candidate.
- As part of the recruitment process, applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical
- For further information about InterGrain please visit our website
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a Covering Letter and Resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as outlined above by the 21st of September.
Amanda Booth (HR manager) firstname.lastname@example.org