InterGrain Pty Ltd is a world class plant breeding company currently experiencing significant growth. Our mission is to support the competitive advantage and sustainability of the Australian agriculture sector by delivering market leading wheat, barley and oat varieties.
We are searching for a Warehouse/Field Technician to join our ever-evolving company. InterGrain are an equal opportunity employer who are Australian owned. We encourage anyone who is proactive, has excellent attention to detail and a passion for Agriculture to apply.
The Warehouse/Field Technician position assists with all operations in our grain processing facility as well as performing field related duties.
- Process harvested seed-lots, which includes sorting and operating threshing and cleaning equipment
- Physical quality data collection and management
- Seed packing of field trials
- Inventory management and labelling for stored grain samples in a warehouse setting.
- Discard of unused grain at end of season
- Perform hand harvest operations.
- Sowing operations
- Harvest operations
- Field and crop management, including pesticide application via chemical spraying
- Water and irrigation management
- Use of GPS systems
In the performance of these duties, the warehouse/field technician will be required to split their time between field and warehouse operations. 70% of the time will be working in conjunction with the warehouse team processing harvested samples and preparing them for next seasons trials. 30% of the time as part of the field team sowing, harvesting and maintaining field trials. Operating agricultural machinery and handling chemicals will be required.
For further information on the role see: Warehouse/Field Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a prominent Australian Owned Cereal Breeding Company. Applications will need to send a covering letter introducing themselves and addressing the selection criteria, with a CV.
Applications can be sent to Amanda Booth, HR Manager InterGrain email@example.com