InterGrain is searching for a Lead Cereal Technician to join our dynamic team at Bibra Lake and to set up and lead a new cereal breeding program. The successful applicant will be proactive, innovative and excited about cereal breeding.
The role of lead cereal breeding technician will work closely with the cereal breeder to set up and maintain the field trials and sample processing for our new grain and hay breeding program. They will work alongside our existing wheat and barley programs and report to the operations manager.
- Prepare seed for sowing in plot trials, including chemical applications
- Perform in-season note taking across Australia (4-5 weeks per year)
- Collect field hay samples with biomass cuts (1000-2000 plots)
- Inventory management for stored hay and seed samples in a warehouse setting
- Process harvest samples (sort, clean, test and discard)
For more information see: LEAD CEREAL TECHNICIAN
To apply please forward a covering letter introducing yourself and addressing the selection criteria along with your resume to Amanda Booth, HR Manager InterGrain email@example.com