We are searching for a Glasshouse Technician to join our dynamic company, based in Bibra Lake, WA. The successful applicant will be proactive, innovative and excited about cereal breeding and horticulture. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door and see where it takes you.
The position of Glasshouse Technician is a hands-on role and a physical job. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a love of agriculture and plant propagation. The individual will work within an established team and will report to the Glasshouse Lead.
The role will involve undertaking operations relating to the glasshouse production of wheat, barley and oat populations for the breeding programs, along with general glasshouse maintenance.
Previous experience crossing cereal crops is highly desirable, but the ability and willingness to learn a must. An understanding of irrigation, pest/disease management, with some exposure to nurseries or a horticultural background would be seen favourably, but a love of plants is truly what you need.
Our ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality with the ability to integrate within an already established team, as well as excellent interpersonal skills. If you like learning, asking questions and taking on new tasks we want to hear from you.
- Passion for Australian Agriculture
- Experience or interest in plant propagation (ideally cereals)
- Understanding or desire to learn irrigation, pest/ disease management, with some exposure to nurseries.
- ChemCert is considered advantageous.
- Good attention to detail and demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer literacy skills, especially with excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Aptitude for learning and continuous improvement.
- Current driver’s license rated C Class.
- Australian citizenship or immigration status to be legally employed in Australia.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to apply, please send a covering letter addressing how you fit the above requirements along with your resume to:
HR Manager – Amanda Booth