As the Field Operations Lead you will have responsibility for the management of InterGrain internal farm operations in Horsham, VIC.
Your background will include some (or all) of the following:
- Practical experience in grain farming operations.
- Knowledge of plant physiology (especially cereals).
- Practical experience with farm machinery.
- Demonstrated experience with agricultural. chemicals, including identification of correct chemical(s) for the task and application.
- Experience in plant breeding or field-based agricultural research.
This role will suit a person with:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
- well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
This role requires a person with:
- Australian citizenship, or immigration status to be legally employed in Australia.
- Current Driver’s License.
- An ability to undertake some travel within Australia
- Manage InterGrain’s Horsham based internal field program, including planning, crop rotation, field preparation and performance of breeding experiments which entails, seeding, in season crop management and harvest.
- Manage the workload of supporting staff.
- Produce crops to optimise achievement of volume, quality, and cost objectives.
- Ensure adequate supplies and safe handling of consumables such as fuel, fertilisers and pesticides.
- Schedule repairs, maintenance, and replacement of field equipment and machinery
- Maintain a positive workplace culture and lead by example.
- Ensure compliance with WHS regulations to maintain a safe workplace.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to apply, please send a covering letter addressing how you fit the above requirements along with your resume to:
HR Manager – Amanda Booth