InterGrain Pty Ltd is a world class plant breeding company currently experiencing significant growth. Our mission is to support the competitive advantage and sustainability of the Australian agriculture sector by delivering market leading wheat, barley and oat varieties.
We are searching for a Technician to join our Barley Trials Team. The successful applicant will have excellent attention to detail, be proactive and be excited about Cereal Breeding.
The Barley Trials Technician is a hands-on role and a physical job, who’s duties will be to assist the barley trial team in managing trials, including grain processing, seeding preparations, in field data collection and management, and harvest operations. The position will report to the Lead Technician. The role is based in our Bibra Lake Warehouse, and will require travel within regional Western Australia at times.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual with a love of agriculture. Our ideal candidate is someone who is hard working, self motivated, has exceptional attention to detail, and is well organized. They will be able to thrive under pressure to deliver targets in a set time frame and budget.
- Prepare seed for yield and disease trials.
- Perform in-season note taking at various field sites around WA, potentially including the use of drones.
- Inventory management and labelling for stored grain samples in a warehouse setting.
- Perform hand harvest operations.
- Process harvested seed lots, including sorting, operating cleaning equipment, inventory management and labelling, physical quality data collection and management, and chemical applications.
- Assist in other aspects of the trials program where required, including mechanised sowing and harvest.
For further information on the role see: Barley Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a prominent Australian Owned Cereal Breeding Company. Applications will need to send a covering letter introducing themselves and addressing the selection criteria, with a CV.
Applications can be sent to Amanda Booth, HR Manager InterGrain email@example.com