InterGrain Pty Ltd is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Barley Breeder to be based in Perth, Western Australia. The role will manage the Early Generation section of the Barley Program and will involve working closely with the Late Generation Barley Breeder to continue the growth of the successful Barley Program.
You will work closely with the other Plant Breeders and the Genomics Scientist. The role will involve:
- Research and application of new genomic and phenomics technologies into the breeding strategy
- Working closely with end-users to ensure breeding targets match customer requirements
- Interaction with service providers including molecular biologists, physiologists and trial contractors
- Regular interaction with our research partners & our marketing team
- Opportunity to develop and lead research partnerships as well as regular engagement in current research projects
- Development of national and international networks in the barley and wider cereal industry
- Represent and promote InterGrain at industry events
- Working closely with late generation breeder on short and long term strategy breeding program
The successful applicant will be required to have experience in plant breeding preferably wheat, barley or oat breeding, hold appropriate qualifications and preferably a PhD in plant breeding, genetics or a related field.
You will need to be reliable and possess excellent planning, oral and written communication skills. Applicants will need to be disciplined with a strong work ethic and willing to undertake frequent travel.
For further information on the role see: Barley Breeder 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a prominent Australian Owned Cereal Breeding Company. Applications will need to send a covering letter introducing themselves and addressing the selection criteria, with a CV.
Further information can be obtained from Tress Walmsley (CEO) +61 404 819 543, email@example.com or applications can be submitted to Amanda Booth, InterGrain HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org